America’s Sports Car becomes America’s Supercar; will pace the 102nd running of the legendary race.
The ‘19 Corvette ZR1 is the official Pace Car for the 2018 Indianapolis 500 presented by PennGrade Motor Oil and will lead drivers to the green flag on Sunday, May 27. It marks the 15th time a Corvette has served as the official Pace Car since 1978, and the 29th time a Chevrolet has led the field dating back to 1948, when a 1948 Fleetmaster Six convertible had the honor.
No other vehicle has served as the Pace Car more than the Corvette. To celebrate the Corvette’s connection to “The Greatest Spectacle in Racing,” the ‘19 Corvette ZR1 and the other 14 Corvettes that have paced the 500 were on display on the front straightaway today at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway.
“Chevrolet is proud to once again pace the Indianapolis 500,” said Steve Majoros, marketing director for Cars and Crossovers. “The ZR1 is the most powerful and fastest Corvette ever made. It’s the perfect choice to pace ‘The Greatest Spectacle in Racing.”
‘19 CORVETTE ZR1 PACE CAR FEATURES:
LT5 Small Block 6.2L supercharged V-8 engine with 755 horsepower and 715 pound-feet of torque
- 8-speed 8L90 paddle-shift automatic transmission
- ZTK Performance Package featuring a stanchion-mounted adjustable carbon-fiber high rear wing, Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 tires and performance suspension
- Magnetic Selective Ride Control™
- Brembo® Carbon Ceramic brake system
- ZR1 chrome-aluminum 19-inch front and 20-inch rear wheels
- Standard Performance Traction Management and Electronic Limited-Slip Differential
- Unique Indy 500 graphics package
- GM Design fully integrated safety strobe system
- Performance Data and Video Recorder
Chevrolet is pursuing its seventh consecutive IndyCar manufacturer championship this year, building on a successful 2017 season that saw 10 wins out of 17 races. The race also will be televised live on ABC, with the pre-race show starting at 11 a.m. EDT.
For more information about new Corvettes, please visit